You can't really tell in this photo, but the little nugget's hair was really starting to get crazy cray and since he is going to be participating in my cousin's wedding in a couple of weeks, I thought it would be very appropriate for him to get a little trim to ensure that his hair wasn't wild and crazy for her big event.
The day that Noah got his haircut just so happened to also be his last official day as a one year old. Oh man I was pretty emotional. I had talked to him all week about getting his hair cut. I told him that mommy and Noah were getting their hair cut on Friday and that we were going to look so nice afterwards for his big boy birthday party. He acted really excited and babbled about "hairs" all week long.
When we walked into the hair salon on Friday, he wasn't scared because it wasn't his first time to come with me and he has known my hair stylist since before he was even born so the real fear didn't really settle in until he was sitting in the big black chair. He started whining for mama, so I had to put down my camera and sit in the chair with him. I was a little bummed because I was hoping to get some really good photos of his first haircut. Thankfully another salon patron saw what was happening and jumped in to snap some photos for us. The haircut only lasted about 5 minutes, but Noah had lots of fun squirting the water bottle and wriggling all over the place. After she was done, he was really satisfied with his new look and I proceeded to get my hair cut too. It was a very stress-free and happy experience.
These are wonderful!
ReplyDelete