Thursday, January 09, 2014

weekly wonder: forty-seven





This is where you get to see the rest of our trip... the trip back home.  This leg of the trip was exciting because we stopped in Santa Fe, New Mexico and went snowboarding.  This part was also exciting because we brought Jonathan's younger brother, Peter, back with us.  Can you say extra pair of adult hands?!?  haha. Yes, it was great traveling with Peter because Noah really loves his uncle and it gave me the opportunity to do a little snowboarding myself.  Now let's just mention that I don't do EXTREME sports.  I literally trailed the bunny slopes and let me tell you... I enjoyed every butt-bumping minute of it.  Hah.  I did manage to take a few blues with Jonathan, but I took it VERY slow and I am sure he would have left me behind if I had given him the chance. After I got my boarding fix, I handed my lift ticket over to Peter and let he and Jonathan go crazy up and down the mountain.  They both ended the trip sore and exhausted.  I would say it was pretty successful.

Noah was such a champ through everything.  He traveled well in the car (we did the whole getting up at 4am thing again) and he even went to his very first full day of day care experience at the mountain.  I can't even believe how easily this kid just ran into the arms of a stranger.  Kind of broke my heart just a bit but then I realized that I just need to give him more chances to be independent.  He loves getting to do his own thing and I want to give him those opportunities.

My favorite part of the trip (the WHOLE thing) was getting to check out the different surroundings and of course snapping photos of it all.  The only photos I regretfully didn't get where of Noah playing in the snow in his jumbo sized snowsuit and cute furry mountain boots.  He looked like a blue marshmallow baby... ADORABLE.  It was a wonderful trip even the crazy LONG drive home had it's wonderful moments.  So glad we had such a long and interesting break.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD