Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Monthly Noah: twenty-two months


Hello December and hello to Noah turning twenty-two months old!
In a months time I feel like he has transformed even more into a little boy vs. the little toddler that I have been writing about the past months.

In the last month he has started stringing more and more words together to make phrases (like "helping cooking" is "I want to help with cooking" and "hot tub swimming" is "I want to swim in the hot tub"). He can sing bits and pieces of songs (like Hit the Road Jack and Do You Know the Muffin Man) and keep the tune of the song.

He still loves books.  He will sit for an hour and just look at different books.  He loves sitting in my lap and having me read to him.  While flying to Florida he read through the Sky Mall magazine with me because he just wanted to know what everything said.  He says "whatssat (What's that?)" a whole darn lot, but it's not too annoying just yet.

Noah is so very curious.  He sees you do something one time and he WILL mimic you.  He has figured out how to open doors in every room in the house.  He knows how to unload and load the washer and dryer and pushes all the buttons in efforts to get things started.  He can climb over basically anything in his path if he is determined enough.  He will try and jump into any body of water even if he has already felt that water and knows it is too hot or too cold.  He can jump! He has only done it once or twice from the ground and actually landed back on his feet (the rest have been belly or face flops), but he's actually getting half an inch of air! haha.  He is running everywhere and sometimes he will try to skip with me and side-step and basically imitate any fancy footwork I might throw at him.

Noah is starting to be better about following directions.  He still gets a little hurt when he is told "no", but it's getting better.  We bought a children's book about tantrums and have been using the count to three/deep breathing technique and although it can be hit or miss, I am seeing a whole lot of improvement.

He is stubborn and must ALWAYS be right (wonder where he gets that?).  He is silly and loving.  He will hug and kiss any person that I say is okay to kiss and hug.

He is just everything we have hoped for and more.  Cannot believe how fast he is growing and changing.

1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD