Developmentally, he is changing by the minute. Recently he has started "talking" on the phone. Anything can be a phone... a piece of paper, a key, some food or an actual phone if he finds someone's that has been left unattended. He will cock his head to the side and say proudly, "hi?". He does this all day long. It's really cute. He also just says hi repeatedly and waits for a response. "Daddy, hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi" is pretty much said from the moment Jonathan walks through the door to the moment Noah goes to bed. "Mama hi" is not ever used. In fact, currently the name "mama" is only said when Noah is in absolute agony or terror, which is strange because he used to be one of the more popular words. I am thinking its because he sees me 24/7 and my name is just implied and there is no need to actually say it. Hah! And for the longest time we had been doing some baby signs, for example, all done and milk. He understood them, but the only one he ever consistently signed for me was milk and now he yells "momomo" if he needs milk and yells "doe" repeatedly for done. Neither of these are as consistant as hi, daddy or mama. Car is another new word that he yells from time to time, so is eye, however he says it like "hi" but points to his eye. Noah is starting to be able to recognize parts of his body by name. When he is not distracted he can show you his hair, mouth, nose and ears.
Oh and this little man... he is just so... busy! So busy and boy am I exhausted!
He knows what to do when you ask him to go get shoes. He will bring his shoes and your shoes, which totally cracks me up. He knows that if we are going to go outside we must grab our shoes. Sometimes he will bring me his shoes and then go stomp his feet by the front door until I put his shoes on and take him outside. He has started dancing more. More than just bobbing his head which is what he initially did. Noah he WIGGLES. And it's not even fast... it's just very slow booty shaking. You can't help but laugh at him when he dances. He seems to be dancing all day long. He must have a little theme song going on in his head. I love it so much.
Noah loves playing outside. Dirt, grass, flowers or anything he can pick at are so much fun. He will spend hours playing at his little water table if you let him. He loves the beach, but not the ocean water just yet (I think it's because it's too cold).
Noah has finally cut his two bottom molars. They have been coming in since forever. He has 10 teeth. That's right... TEN and I am still breastfeeding at least 3 times a day. He has not bitten me in quite a while, but he likes to keep his pacifier in his hand just in case he gets the urge to do so. He is oddly REALLY good about not biting. Maybe he knows I will not give him milk if he does it? Who knows... I am not complaining. If you had asked me when Noah was a few months old if I would still be breastfeeding at 15 months, I would have laughed at your face because I really didn't like it that much, but now the idea weening him makes me so sad, but it's slowly happening. He finally eats what a normal baby his age should eat and he pretty much eats everything that mommy and daddy eat just cut into Noah sized bites. A typical meal can be anything from spaghetti to chicken curry. He doesn't mind a lot of flavor. In fact, I think he prefers it compared to something like steamed veggies. He also prefers to eat with a spoor or fork. There is still a fair bit of "handling" going on, but he can actually get the food on the spoon and into his mouth 75% of the time. I actually am not a huge fan of it only because it takes forever and because it's super messy. Even though the food ends up in his mouth one way or another, there is usually a trail of sauce or crumbs which is a pain to clean up.
Today Noah had is 15 month wellness appointment, he was weighed, measured and evaluated. He received on vaccine for chickenpox. The doctor said that he seemed to be right on par for babies his age, which ultimately is all we can ask for! I was a little bummed that he only gained a little over 1 pound over the past three months, but his doctor reassured me that he for sure doesn't look like he's suffering and he's just going to be small which doesn't surprise me either since neither of his parents are tall.
Here are Noah's 15 month stats:
20.12lbs...13.55 percentile
30 inches...12.34 percentile
18.8 inches...76.71 percentile
I'm sharing his growth charts with you guys so you can see the progression from birth to now. Feel free to skip over it... I just know some people like to read those types of things.
Dear sweet Noah,
we have enjoyed watching you grow and change before our eyes. You are the sweetest little boy; so full of smiles and energy. I love every bit of being your mommy and I know your daddy feels the exact same way. We cannot wait to see where God takes you in life.
Love always,
Mama



0 comments:
Post a Comment