Thursday, January 03, 2013

Sadness

I can't believe I'm even writing about this. Our dear sweet dog, Gus, died last week (the day after Christmas). He was attacked (again!!) by big dog. We didn't even think that something like that would ever happen once let alone twice in our family... It really sucks.

This dog meant so much to our small family.  He was my little rock while I mourned the loss of our Mason.  I know he is a pet and that pets don't live as long as humans, but he was part of our family and we had a fantastic family dynamic with Gus in our lives.

I am completely devastated. Lots of tears. I just feel like I have failed Gus. And I'm so sad that people could own such cruel animals. Noah continues to ask for Gus. They were best buds.... I miss that little dog so much and I'm sad that Noah will never remember him in his life. I'm sad that our first pet as a married couple is gone. I'm just stinking sad.

I am so thankful that we were able to have some time with him after his mishap in November.  We had a PERFECT Christmas with Gus.  He came to Texas with us.  There were lots of cuddles.  I am sure he knew how much we loved him.  I just wish I could have held onto him a little longer.


1 comment:

  1. I am so, so sorry for your loss! He is NOT just a dog, he is a family member. Is this the same dog that he got attacked by last time?

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD