Tuesday, July 03, 2012

weekly noah: twenty-two and five months



Twenty-two weeks or better yet five months and 3 days!
I seriously canNOT believe how old and big our little guy is.  I have been going through so many of my maternity photos and early newborn photos to make some albums and I am just baffled.

He weighs a little over 15lbs and is 24 and a halfish inches long. Noah has recently (like 2 days ago) moved into 3-6 month clothes, although alot of his 0-3 month outfits are still working out just fine.  I am convinced that if it weren't for his fluffy cloth diaper bootie that he would still fit mostly in those 0-3 months, but hey... whatever.

In just the last couple of days, he has started doing more rolls from his back to his tummy, not just random rolls here and there.  During tummy time he spins himself in full circles in his play space and loves to pull himself closer to other toys that are within reach.  He loves to sit up or be on his feet standing any chance he gets and he also expects full one-on-one attention during those times.  His current personality is mostly friendly, flirty, curious and independent.

Per doctor's recommendations we recently introduced the sippy cup.  Noah still has a major tongue thrust reflex, so he really isn't ready for constant sippy cup usage, but boy does he like to practice by pouring the whole thing into his mouth and all over himself in 30 seconds flat. HAH.  I have started putting just an ice cube or two in the cup so that he can have a slow release of water over time and that way it's a little more manageable for him.

He is still 100% breastfed.  No solids or formula yet.  I have been trying to give him bottles here and there, but it just seems easier to feed him from the source and I am a guru at feeding him in the car or the bathroom or any other hiding place I can find. hah.

Sleeping issues have been better and worse.  He got another shot at the doctor's office yesterday, so he had a pretty hard time with that and was crabby all day and night, but he is mostly starting to sleep really well.  He even slept in with Daddy till 11am on Sunday morning.

Noah still loves bath times and diaper changes.  Any excuse to get naked really.  We recently stopped using the bath tub assistant because he started trying to sit up in it and it was flipping over.  Now we lay him in the tub with an inch or two of water (just below the ears) and he just flops and kicks around. The thought of putting him in the bathtub like that really made me nervous until I realized how happy it made him to be fully free of baby straps and supports.  I am really trying to not be too anxious and just go with the flow, but all you other mommies undersand how scary it can be to let go and let these babies do their thing.

In other news, my mom came into town for the weekend and boy does this kid love his Mimi.  He just babbles and smiles at and cuddles her.  It has been completely amazing having my mom around for a few days so that I can do things like go to the bathroom while Noah has one of his refusing to nap afternoons or to have help when attending Noah's doctor's appointment where he received his fourth vaccination.  Man! Even at 26 years old, I will say that mommies are the best!  She even held him while he got his shot so that I wouldn't have to be the bad guy.

Here are some photos from this past week... enjoy!















2 comments:

Designed with love by BDD