Sunday, July 08, 2012

Looking forward

Lately ( and I actually mean for the past year) I have been so busy just living in the moment that I have been so bad about making commitments and looking forward to things.  Heck, it took me 20 weeks to tell most of my friends and family that I was expecting Noah.  I started the blog and told no one. NOT A SOUL.  I didn't want to make a big deal... just.in.case.  It was horribly scary for me to think about any positive outcome because I knew what could really happen... The Unthinkable.



Fortunately, my pregnancy with Noah went well and he is here and he is thriving and I am ALMOST thriving. haha. No, kidding, I am well.  Just a little sleep deprived.

Anyways, I have been bad.  Friends, plans and life in general have been on the back burner and more than just the usual "I'm pregnant" or "I just had a baby" sort of way... more like a I am so scared that I better not move or breath kind of way.

Well, the world has been moving on and it's time that our family moves along with it. Oddly enough, I am actually a little bit excited about that and not as afraid as I thought I would be.

so here I am trying to plan out something further out than just a week and trying my best to make time for all the wonderful people in my life that I had put on hold for just a bit.

5 things I am ALREADY excited about and looking forward to:
-A trip to Arizona with friends in mid July
-A trip to Texas in late August
-Joining mommy/baby swimming
-Possibly starting up yoga again (if I can work the times out)
-Planning a BIG family trip for sometime in between now and the end of the year

I know my list will grow tenfold, but for now this is great... setting goals, getting excited and hopefully meeting them.  YAY!

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard to look ahead sometimes. You feel victory when you make it through the day sometimes. Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just keeps getting better and better! I hope Faye and I will get to come to Dallas while you guys are there! We will work on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping our trip would make it on the list! I'm looking forward to it too. Small steps are important too- you spontaneously came out on Friday- and doing anything spontaneous with a baby is a big deal! I know you'll meet all your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD