Tuesday, June 05, 2012

weekly noah: eighteen



I really wish everything would slow down.  Noah is changing so much and while I am really enjoying his new found expressiveness and curiosity, I am definitely missing that newborn boy I could cuddle with all day long.  Guess that's the saddest and most exciting part about having babies...they grow up.

Monday was Noah's 4 month wellness check-up.  He was weighed, measured, investigated and vaccinated.  We decided to do an alternative vaccination schedule because I am a nervous mama and can't handle him getting too many shots at one time.  So while he received one shot and an oral vaccine on Monday, we go back the first week in July to get his next shot.  I know it seems silly to some people that I decided to split them up, but honestly it gives me greater peace of mind which probably makes Noah happier in the end.  No one wants a crazy, scared mama.  Noah's newest stats are as follows:

Length: 24 1/2 inches  (21.28 percentile)
Weight: 14.09 lbs (21.29 percentile)
Head Circumference:  16.54 (61.9 percentile)

Yes... Noah has a very well formed head! haha!  These are all wonderful improvements from his last checkup where he was in the 11th percentile for weight and the 4th percentile for length.  I am so glad that he is growing so well.   We discussed when to introduce solids and sleep routines and various other concerns I had.  Everything seems to be just fine.  

This week Noah is all about movement.  He is working on standing. I don't know why he has decided that he prefers to stand before he can even sit up on his own, but whatever.  He does a pretty good job for a 4 month old baby.  He can balance on his own for a few seconds, which is REALLY amazing.  I keep trying to encourage him to sit and practice that little trick, but no... he prefers to stand.  I think this is a sign that he is trying to get to walk/ run as soon as possible and get the heck away from me.  I hope this isn't the case because I really enjoy this little guy and would hate to think he doesn't enjoy me back.

Lots of babbles and coos and crazy smiles and flirts.  Noah is growing by leaps and bounds every day and it's amazing to be in the middle of it all.

Here are some photos from this week.  Cheers!













1 comment:

  1. I love your baby!! He is so adorable! And, for some reason, he looks like he has bright red hair in that 18week photo.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD