Friday, June 15, 2012

self-soothing part 1

We are at that point where I have to teach Noah how to sooth himself.  I just can't hold him and rock him the entire day.  My body won't physically allow it.  I am tired and cranky and he deserves better than that.  Up until now, the only way we have had a happy baby is when he is in constant contact with a person and we have kept that up through wearing him in the baby k'tan.  This has worked really well and as much as I want to be in constant contact with him, he is getting bigger and staying awake longer which means even less break time for me.

I guess you can call me selfish?  But I am with him 24/7... holding, rocking, walking, nursing... and I want to be in the best mood every day when I see those adorable baby blue eyes peering up at me.

So tonight I am attempting to put him to bed drowsy, awake and on his back.  I am praying he won't scream himself hoarse, and that he will sleep easy.  That he will sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  I hope that I am not making a mistake and I hope I will not lose his trust.  

I love cuddling my baby to bed.  I love nursing him to sleep.  I love our times together, but neither or us sleep well like that.  We need our space so that we can cuddle all day and be in the best moods.

I will update after trying this approach for a while. errr... okay... cross your fingers and say some prayers.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD