Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Support the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia

Many of you know that we lost our firstborn baby, Mason. Many of you know that I had him very early. Many of you may even know that I had a very serious hypertensive illness known as preeclampsia, which can be deadly for both mother and baby. What's sad is that many people don't actually know anything about preeclampsia. I know I didn't. I am one of those women who likes to know what's going on and I had NO clue.

After losing Mason, I poured over the internet looking for answers as to how I could have gotten sick and how I could have lost our precious son. The closest to an answer I got was from the Preeclampsia Foundation. This organization is doing all it can to help spread the word about this disease to both doctors and patients. Because of the support from this organization and other baby-loss parents on their forum helped us to become more informed about maternal healthcare which in the end helped us to feel more comfortable about trying for another baby.

We are very excited that we will be participating in the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia this year since it is fundraising for something that catastrophically affected our family.

Please consider walking in your local promise walk or supporting someone who is walking!
Support the Promise Walk for Preeclampsia

2 comments:

  1. Christa, my husband and I are participating in the OC promise walk, too! How cool is that? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Another baby-loss/preeclampsia survivor/rainbow mommy is going to be there as well (she's on the forums). Maybe we will see each other there!

      Delete

Designed with love by BDD