Thursday, March 08, 2012

weekly Noah: five




Oh my goodness.  My kid is 5 weeks old.  He's also close to or at 9lbs.  He still fits in almost all of his newborn clothes and newborn diapers, but everything is looking just a little bit snug, not to mention we have had a few leaks recently because the diapers just don't fit like the used to.  Luckily those were the last of the newborn and we are onto size 1.  BIG BOY, right?  So we are putting all of the newborn things in a vacuum sealed bag and hiding them away for a rainy day... or another family member's rainy day (wink wink).  

Well, I am finding that Mr. Noah has so much of my personality these days. He is SO dramatic.  Every little thing is the END OF THE WORLD.  Five minutes late for a feeding will ruin the entire day, talking on the phone and not watching Noah intently will completely devastate him...don't even get me started on putting the kid down when he wants to be sitting upright...sheesh.
He will endure being completely uncomfortable just to be in your arms.  I have found myself using the baby bjorn just so I can walk around the house to put away laundry or even just to go to the bathroom.    We have found a safe way for him to take showers with me, he sleeps the first leg of the night in his crib, but then if I even try to kick him out of our bed we will never sleep again.  I honestly didn't think I could spoil a newborn, but yep... I did.  It's really alright though.  I am LOVING every minute of it.  How wonderful is this power that I have?  The power that the only way to be soothed is to be held by mommy?  I don't know, but it just melts my heart and I don't really feel that bad about it right now.  Don't get me wrong, I see the flaws and I am reading a few parenting books on how I can make this better, but I am just not that worried about it because he is just FIVE weeks old.  Right now, I am just trying to enjoy my son.  Every non-sleeping, poop-making minute of him.

Loving this boy and this season of my life. God is good.


1 comment:

  1. yes, I read the books too, but seriously? What child has been damaged or turned into a nightmare child because s/he was held too much by his/her mummy or slept in bed with its parents when s/he was tiny. I love loving my baby and spoiling her, I love how it settles her and makes her smile and how she sleeps so well when she's lying on me rather than in a bed. I'm enjoying every bit of this part of parenthood, when she's older and more able to understand things I'll try being stricter but for now I'm with you all the way Christa! Noah's a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD