Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 1:23

Holidays are particularly difficult for me and despite all the blessings and joy I have in my life, this Christmas is no different.  Christmas has always been about being with my family and making the most with all those you love.  I'm so torn because not only are Jonathan and I spending our very first Christmas away from our relatives, but we are also spending our second Christmas without Mason.  It is so hard to think about all the wonderful things we missed out on as a family.  Mason of course did not miss out because he has been with Jesus all this time.  But it still hurts and I still break down a lot thinking about all that could have been.  More than anything I wish I could celebrate this holiday season with pure elation in knowing that we will soon have a baby, but it's difficult especially knowing all that can happen and not having your loved ones to lean on for comfort.  My goal for this Christmas is to find some joy and peace because even though we are not with our family this season, God is wish us (He always has been) and good things will happen despite where my emotions are (so why not join in all the fun?).  So here I am, trying my best to choose joy on this holiday because the Bible says in Luke 2:10-11...


"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today (tomorrow actually) in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord"


Have a joyous and merry Christmas.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD