Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's 11:30 pm.

I'm tired, my back is sore and the little guy is not doing a whole lot.  So I go and get the fetal doppler to see how he's coming along.  I get out my aloe gel, squirt up my belly and hear his little heart right away at 130 beats per minute (which is pretty slow for this little guy).  I listen around for a few seconds and then all of a sudden, his heart rate goes up to 145, then 151 and I hear... woosh woosh woosh thud woosh woosh woosh thud woosh woosh woosh thud.  Hiccups.

I love that sound.  I love that feeling.  His little lungs are continuing to develop as he's practicing his breathing and I feel just so honored to be a part of this whole experience.

I think I will sleep so much better tonight after hearing those precious sounds.

2 comments:

Designed with love by BDD