Friday, November 04, 2011

25 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 25 weeks


Size of Baby: about the size of a rutabaga or about a pound and a half and 13 1/2 inches.

Total Weight Gain: 8lbs

Maternity Clothes: yes and no depending on how I feel.  I am wearing my new maternity pants and skirt I made because they are oh so comfortable, but I still wear a lot of my non pregnancy clothing.

Gender: boy

Movement: yes! I have no idea what he does in there, but he doesn't kick so much as do full turns.  It's pretty amazing.  Also, he is still sitting pretty far back which means I am still having a ton of sciatic pain.

Sleep: I've been sleeping in 2 hour increments... I have no idea why, but it's driving me CRAZY.  Between being extremely temperature sensitive, having to go to the bathroom all the time and the heartburn, there is just too much going on for sleep I suppose.

What I Miss: eating a meal and not regretting it almost immediately.  Heartburn is making me pretty nauseous at times.

Cravings: nothing really.

Best Moment this Week:  Seeing baby boy at the doctors appointment on the ultrasound screen annnnnnnd the feeling of accomplishment when the bedroom was finally painted!  I told you I was going to do one thing every week in preparation for the baby and so there you go!  We plan on putting up the crib sometime around Thanksgiving.  I am getting closer to posting pics of how the new place is coming along.  I don't want to showcase a half finished home. ;-)

Blood Pressure: I don't really feel like I have been having labile or drastically fluctuating pressures, but they have definitely not been as low as before.  The doctor is watching... it could just be the end of my lovely 2nd trimester blood pressure dip or it could be early signs of pregnancy induced hypertension.  I have no protein in urine and have not reached 140/90 so definitely not preeclampsia.  I'm just trying to keep calm and take care of myself and the little one since that's all I can really do.

No babies or pregnant women were harmed in the taking of these pictures...

These are photos of me drinking the glucose for my glucose tolerance test.  It's basically a flat soda and it made me feel shaky and nauseous.

PS: Notice the wall colors...



4 comments:

  1. That is super funny! I really like your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wall color, fantastic wall color model...thanks for keeping up the blog, it gives so much to be a part of.
    Love FFL

    ReplyDelete
  3. wall looks good, you look good, baby is good! missing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD