Friday, October 28, 2011

24 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 24 weeks



Size of Baby: about as long as an ear of corn

Total Weight Gain: 8lbs

Maternity Clothes: The belly popped this week and I feel huge!!  I made myself a maxi skirt and broke down and purchased some maternity pants from H&M.  It's been getting colder out here ( I laugh when I say cold because it's 75 during the day and low 50's at night) so I needed something a little more substantial than what I've been wearing lately.

Gender: boy

Movement: Little man has been moving like CRAZY and sitting on my sciatic nerves.  Sometimes I will be walking or sitting or doing anything really and he will nuzzle in there and it will make me literally cry out in pain randomly.  It's really sweet thinking about all the refined gross motor skills he is perfecting in utero, but it sure is painful!

Sleep: I've been sleeping really great except for the heartburn and pee breaks.  The heartburn makes it hard to get to sleep and then the pee breaks make it hard to stay asleep.

What I Miss: being able to pop my back.  Little guy gets in the way of all the bending I like to do to induce popping and stretching, but my yoga instructor has been really helpful in finding me alternative movements.

Cravings: nothing really, but I have finally started liking milk and cereal again, which makes it a ton easier to find something to eat in a pinch.

Best Moment this Week:  Being able to tell that the baby is getting bigger.  I can see him wiggling around through the shapes my belly is making and now I can find his little bottom when it pushes itself out.  It is so amazing to feel him and experience his movements.

Blood Pressure: there has not really been much of a change in this area which I would like to think is a good sign!

This is my new skirt that I made all by myself!  And yep, I am totally standing on the toilet.  We don't currently own a full length mirror, so anytime I want to see my full outfit I have to stand on the guest bathroom toilet.

and here I am practicing a few yoga moves... unfortunately, I could not capture all of my awesome moves because they took longer than the timer would allow on my camera.  Eventually I just gave up, which explains why there are only three photos instead of the usual four.

1 comment:

  1. Christa, I love how creative you are!! The skirt looks great. I really enjoy reading about my little grandbaby's progress. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD