How Far Along: 22 weeks
Size of Baby: size of a spaghetti squash... our little guy is measuring about 1lb 3 oz!
Total Weight Gain: 5lbs, but it feels like more...
Maternity Clothes: still wearing regular pants, but definitely sporting the maternity tops!
Gender: boy
Movement: this little dude is getting really good at popping around and resting on my bladder.
Sleep: I didn't sleep well this week, but I don't think that was pregnancy related. I think it was more emotion and anxiety induced.
What I Miss: Jogging. I tried to jog a little bit the other day, but it really hurts my lower back, so I will just stick to lots of walking.
Cravings: nothing really. I had a really good banana the other day that made me want a few more bananas, but I have not needed another one since.
Best Moment this Week: seeing our son on the ultrasound screen... he is so very handsome!
Blood Pressure: Today my blood pressure was 104/71 at my doctors office after briskly walking 5 blocks to my appointment.
Gender: boy
Movement: this little dude is getting really good at popping around and resting on my bladder.
Sleep: I didn't sleep well this week, but I don't think that was pregnancy related. I think it was more emotion and anxiety induced.
What I Miss: Jogging. I tried to jog a little bit the other day, but it really hurts my lower back, so I will just stick to lots of walking.
Cravings: nothing really. I had a really good banana the other day that made me want a few more bananas, but I have not needed another one since.
Best Moment this Week: seeing our son on the ultrasound screen... he is so very handsome!
Blood Pressure: Today my blood pressure was 104/71 at my doctors office after briskly walking 5 blocks to my appointment.
Overall, the appointment went really well and it was great to see our son being so cuddly and precious. I feel so blessed to be able to see the progression in his growth. There was a little negativity at the appointment, but the doctor assured me that it wasn't anything to "worry" about, he just wanted me to be aware that I have mild unilateral notching of the umbilical vessel (right side). Notching is an indication of the increase in resistance to blood flowing into the placenta, which sometimes can be an indicator of preeclampsia or even growth restriction. All of these findings are diagnostic and of course don't mean anything on their own. They are coupled with measurements of the baby and other symptoms like my blood pressure and protein levels. So while this news freaks me out, the doctor says that he's watching to see if it progresses, but he is not currently concerned because this is mild and I have NO other symptoms. My next appointment with this doctor is November 18th, so please pray that if there is any notching at my next ultrasound that it is minimal or that it is gone all together.




Oh my my beautiful preggo sister! Love the belly photos. And do I detect a square chin in that baby photo? I'll be so curious when he arrives to see if that is the case. Wish I could rub your belly and feel the little guy move!
ReplyDelete