One event I have missed twice is the birthday of my nephew, Liam. This has been so tough for me because my sister and I are very close and because of that I just LOVE her little boy. It kills me that I wasn't there for his birth and that I wasn't there for his first birthday. Anyways, because I am currently unemployed, I wanted to make sure that I was around for my nephew's 2nd birthday. Thankfully my sister gave me advanced notice on when Liam's party would be and I was able to find some decent airfare so that I could be there for the big event.
I must say my sister did a fabulous job with planning Liam's party. The snacks were healthy and tasty, the cake balls were delicious, half way through the party there was a swimming pool of naked babies and best of all, I got to spend time with my family. I am so thankful that I was able to fly in for that one specific event. I didn't get many pictures because I was trying to soak in all the 2 year old excitement, but from the photos I did get, you will see that the party was mainly about cars and cake.
Also while visiting Texas, I was able to spend time at my parents' new home. They have been working round the clock to fancify the place and I was so glad to get to spend some time there. My dad was especially proud of his newest electronic purchase... a 3d plasma tv. Here is a photo of my Uncle Gilles and my dad, Andy, trying their hand at 3d television. Don't they look like they are having a blast?
Lastly while in town I got to spend some time with my in-laws (the other Mr. and Mrs. McCaffrey). While I was there, Janet, my mother-in-law, got out some old albums of Jonathan and Peter and I was able to steal a sweet photo of my husband from his childhood.
He still makes that exact same face when I do something wrong or when things don't go his way. I love him SO much. Even though I miss home (Texas) so much, I was very eager to get back to this face and hug and kiss the crap out of him!





We loved having you at Liam's birthday too! He loves his Tata so much and we were so happy you could make it out to join us. BTW, that photo of Jonathan is so extremely adorable!
ReplyDelete