Friday, September 02, 2011

16 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of Baby: size of an avocado (or like my nephew would pronounce it... avacaaaaaaaaadoooooooo!)

Total Weight Gain: still down 2 and still sick every once in a while.  This morning I was starving and made Jonathan take me for breakfast and could hardly eat.  It's a strange phenomenon... such extreme hunger with such extreme aversions to food!

Maternity Clothes: regular clothing still, but the bump is growing!

Gender: Holding out for the 15th of September.

Movement: A lot more movement, but since we have been moving from our old apartment to our new apartment, I have not been able to sit and enjoy each little thump like I would like.  

Sleep:  Sleeping much better, but having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  

What I Miss: being helpful.  I felt so helpless while we were moving because I can't lift much and I was feeling pretty crappy with headaches and nausea.  It doesn't make for an easy move when you can't help out. 

Cravings: Soup, crispy tacos and other things with lots of flavor.

Best Moment this Week: laying in bed and feeling the baby.





Many of you might look at this picture and think, "what crazy woman would buy a home doppler?" And I just want to let you know that I ask myself this same question ALL the time.  After losing a baby (and already being a worrywart), you have ten million thoughts that go through your head on any given day all relating to that precious cargo that is growing within you.  Honestly, I told myself I would NEVER buy a doppler, but then my high risk obstetrician told me he would not be seeing me for 6 weeks and I panicked.  So I went to see my good old friend eBay and looked up how much it would cost to get me a small ounce of reassurance.  Well, the cost was insignificant to the amount of sleep I would have lost from all that worrying.  So yeah, there you go.  Instead of calling on Jesus to give me peace, I used eBay.

Anyways, the baby has a beautiful heartbeat and I try to only use the doppler when I am very anxious or worried.  Since I can feel little McCaffrey move around now, I can usually pinpoint exactly where he/she is and it takes me 5 seconds to hear that glorious thumping sound and then I am done for a few days.  

This coming week I will see my regular obstetrician and get to see the baby moving and kicking about and then the next week is our anatomy scan.  I am praying that everything goes smoothly and that our little one has all of his/her vital organs!

I will update soon with pictures of the new apartment.

Much Love, 

Christa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD