Tuesday, August 16, 2011
We're moving on up...
Well, up might not be the phrase, but we are moving. A few weeks ago I saw a listing for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom in an fun area of Santa Monica and thought it might be worth checking out. Since I already had plans to meet with my buddy, Kaitlin, I made her come with me just in case the people showing the apartments were creepers or something (you never can tell around here).
Anyways, I was very impressed with the place for three main reasons.
Size: It's a whole one bedroom and bathroom bigger than where we currently are living.
Location: This place has an amazing walk score... I can walk two streets over to 3rd Street Promenade or to the grocery store or to the Santa Monica Pier/ Beach and even to my OB and high risk perinatologists office. It's also super close to Jonathan's work, which is very important as well.
Perks: In a city like Los Angeles, space is hard to come by, therefore fully loaded apartments at a reasonable price are also hard to come by. If any of you KNOW me, you know I have a few requirements when living in any area... washer and dryer, appliances and allows dogs. More recently, I have added to the list, parking and air conditioning (Air conditioning is more of a Texas girl thing that I just can't shake). Well this apartment has ALL of those requirements... which is probably too good to be true and I am sure I will find something the matter with it within the first week we are there, but for now I am excited.
There are only 2 things about the apartment that I really don't care for, but honestly they are small details that I can overlook. The first one is carpet and the second one is we will be on the 2nd floor of a multilevel building. I just bought a new vacuum today, so I am a little less worried about the first problem... even though it will be a big adjustment for Gus and his poor house training tendencies and I am excited that I will have to force myself out of the house a little bit more to take the dog outside. Like I said, these problems are small and really are overlookable once you see the place.
The next few weeks I will be packing, organizing, selling and donating all sorts or things in the preparation for our move. We are super excited and I cannot wait to share with you photos of our new place once we have settled. Please pray that I won't become too overwhelmed during this process and that I won't try to over due things either.
We appreciate all of your love and support.
Much Love,
Christa and Jonathan
Labels:
boxes,
moving,
packing,
santa monica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment