Wednesday, August 28, 2013

weekly wonder: twenty-nine

adventure BUST.  Note to self... don't expect things to as planned when an activity is during both lunch AND nap time.  Usually we can work nap around activities, but oh, NEVER a meal.  LOL. My kid is very serious about his meal times and a snack to tie him over will not suffice.

I decided we would try to ease back into our weekly wandering activities and go to a local sing-a-along near the house.  Easy peasy... right? Well, when we got there it was super crowded, so we parked the stroller and squeezed on in amongst the other babies and parents.  No sooner than sitting down did the signing for food start.  It didn't help that the sing-a-long took place right in front of Chipotle, one of Noah's favorite places to eat.  So he's signing for more food and pointing at Chipotle all while I am trying to get him interested in singing and dancing along with the music.

Then the eye-rubbing started up because it was also really close to nap time.  So eye-rubbing and hungry baby equals totally disinterested.  So we crawled our way out of the crowd (after only 15 minutes), grabbed our stroller and headed into Chipotle for lunch.  On our way in, I ran into some mommy and baby friends of ours who were in the same boat.  So at least I know that my kid is not the only kid who has his routine, but it still was not the fun-filled morning that I had envisioned for us.

I managed to snap a few crappy photos on my phone.  In photo number two you can totally see the disinterest.  I also made a video clip of dance party we had in the car AFTER we had Chipotle for lunch.  My kid was much more excited about beans and rice than the sing-a-long.  Go figure...guess there is always next week!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD