Sunday, June 23, 2013

weekly wonder: twenty


Most of this past week Noah was on house arrest after being contagiously sick with hand, foot and mouth disease (yuck).  Luckily,  he was finally well enough to go on an outing today!

I was already headed to Pasadena for a friend's baby shower, so I had Jonathan and Noah drop me off at the baby shower, while the two of them had some much needed father-son time.

After lunch at a local deli the boys headed to the South Pasadena Library.  Jonathan tells me that Noah ran around, pulled books off the shelves, looked at pictures and had lots of fun.  I wish I could have seen all the mayhem that ensued, but remembering to take photos is not Jonathan's strong-suit so we will all have to use our imagination of all that went down.

Outside of the library is a grassy area that Jonathan describes as a park, it's not...it's really just a green space.  In the "park" was a really cool tree (Morton Bay Fig Tree to be exact) with an giant exposed root system.  Apparently, Noah thought it was really cool too and decided to run around and play at the base of a tree for nearly half an hour.

Noah seemed to REALLY enjoy his day with Daddy and when he finally made his way back into my arms he was excited to see me too.  I was so happy that my boys were able to have such a wonderful, unprompted adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD