Sunday, June 30, 2013

weekly wonder: twenty-one


Jonathan was out of town most of the week, so I was itching to find a new activity that we could participate in as a family.  Thankfully, with the Fourth of July holiday just around the corner, we had tons to choose from.  We decided to attend Celebrate America which was being put on by Santa Monica College.  Supposedly, this celebration has been noted for being "the biggest, most sensational patriotic community event on the Westside!"

Who can resist all that fun?

Well, a lot of people probably could, actually, but we really enjoyed it!  We definitely shouldn't have showed up four hours early because Noah (and Jonathan) were super bored for the last 2 hours before the fireworks started, but I was SO worried that we wouldn't get a good spot and that we would have a hard time getting a parking spot and blah blah blah.  Basically, I did not want anything getting in the way of our family time.

Jonathan was sweet enough to cook delicious curry chicken salad to take so that we could have a picnic in the stadium.  The weather was sunny and cheerful and we had some lovely little lawn chairs that were pretty comfy.  Basically, we had the best set-up for our fireworks viewing!  I even got to have a little funnel cake from one of the stadium venders which totally made my day!

Around the time the fireworks were about to begin, I started getting nervous about how Noah might react to all the noise since last year we were too far away to hear anything.  When the stadium lights finally went dark, I could tell he was getting pretty antsy and excited for whatever was going to happen next.  And then... he just relaxed and enjoyed the show.  THANK GOODNESS!

Even though he was up an hour and a half past his bedtime by the time we got home, Noah was exhausted and went right to sleep... not making a peep until Sunday morning.  Basically, the day was win win win and now we cannot wait for our next fireworks show!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD