Icaramba! Sixteen months?!? Normally, I would say that this month flew by, but really it seemed to be THE LONGEST MONTH EVER. Noah is growing and changing exponentially, but I guess we have been super busy and I have been really tired and it just seemed to go on and on and on and on. But yes, Noah is a growing and a changing. In some ways he is becoming easier and in some ways raising him has become much more difficult.
He is still a very easy going little guy. He loves meeting up with new people, seeing new places, eating at restaurants and anything else new and exciting. He is not eating like a champ and we can basically feed him anything now... which is amazing! Our only true issues have been naps and the battle of the wills.
Let me address sleep first. Noah still sleeps great at night. From 8:30-8:30 and sometimes even later depending on his activity level the day before. He goes down relatively easily and actually enjoys sleeping on his own and having his own time to himself. I don't think you understand how hard it was to get this way. All the countless hours of me wearing noah in the baby carrier to get him to drift off to sleep. The going up and down the stairs, the long walks and the just plain pleading with God for this little boy to get to sleep. Now even with cutting his molars and eye teeth, he seems to sleep pretty solidly and for that I am so thankful.
Noah has recently decided that he has got to be in control of everything. He knows best and when things don't go as he thinks it should he can sometimes have a meltdown. I honestly thought Noah had to be two before entering the dreaded "terrible twos" stage, but oh no... I can totally see if starting to take hold of our sweet little boy. In the past, it was easy to pick him up whenever he was not listening or minding mommy... now he proceeds to do "the worm" and melt to the floor so that it's hard to transport him. He has also started doing sneaky things like hiding our keys and his toys. If he has his mind on something, he will figure it out. Like yesterday, he spent 20 minutes trying to get the broom out of its hiding spot. When he finally figured it out he ran around the house knocking into everything with the broom. The incidents are still pretty infrequent, but I can feel them happening more and more often by the day. I can't even imagine what he will be like in another eight months when he is actually two. Heaven help me... I may be a mad women by then.
He is still a very easy going little guy. He loves meeting up with new people, seeing new places, eating at restaurants and anything else new and exciting. He is not eating like a champ and we can basically feed him anything now... which is amazing! Our only true issues have been naps and the battle of the wills.
Let me address sleep first. Noah still sleeps great at night. From 8:30-8:30 and sometimes even later depending on his activity level the day before. He goes down relatively easily and actually enjoys sleeping on his own and having his own time to himself. I don't think you understand how hard it was to get this way. All the countless hours of me wearing noah in the baby carrier to get him to drift off to sleep. The going up and down the stairs, the long walks and the just plain pleading with God for this little boy to get to sleep. Now even with cutting his molars and eye teeth, he seems to sleep pretty solidly and for that I am so thankful.
Noah has recently decided that he has got to be in control of everything. He knows best and when things don't go as he thinks it should he can sometimes have a meltdown. I honestly thought Noah had to be two before entering the dreaded "terrible twos" stage, but oh no... I can totally see if starting to take hold of our sweet little boy. In the past, it was easy to pick him up whenever he was not listening or minding mommy... now he proceeds to do "the worm" and melt to the floor so that it's hard to transport him. He has also started doing sneaky things like hiding our keys and his toys. If he has his mind on something, he will figure it out. Like yesterday, he spent 20 minutes trying to get the broom out of its hiding spot. When he finally figured it out he ran around the house knocking into everything with the broom. The incidents are still pretty infrequent, but I can feel them happening more and more often by the day. I can't even imagine what he will be like in another eight months when he is actually two. Heaven help me... I may be a mad women by then.
We finished Noah's first round of swimming lessons this past Friday. Even though they were kind of a pain to get to every day and REALLY interfered with Noah's napping routine, he really enjoyed the water time as well as the excess energy outlet. I need to make sure I get this kid to a pool on a regular basis... I can tell already that he is a natural fishy baby.
In the last month Noah's mouth has erupted. He has 5 new teeth coming in. 3 molars (he already had one fully surface a while back) and 3 eye teeth. Which when finished will bring him up to 15 teeth total. I would say this bout of teething had been less difficult past ones except there seems to be bleeding and mini marble bulges coming out of his gums. We started noticing it the most during swim class. He's on his back with his mouth open, sometimes yelling, so it's pretty much the easiest time to see what's going on in that little mouth of his. Ugh... I fell so terrible for him, but he is definitely handling it like a champ!
Eating wise, Noah has been eating like a horse. It could be because he is making up for his delayed breakfast in the morning. Due to swimming he cannot eat for at least 2 hours before his class. That is just so that he doesn't throw up while swimming. We have tried a few different breakfast times, but it is pretty much best if we just wait on solid food until after swimming class. On mornings that he eats even three hours before swimming, he almost always throws up a little bit. So we try and just stick to nursing at 6:30 and then nothing until after swim class at 10. Then he can eat as much as he wants and as often as he likes during the day to make up for it and believe me... he's been enjoying that!
Noah has been talking more and more these days. I love hearing his try and copy me when I speak and hearing him try and communicate with us. His current list is as follows: Mommy, Daddy, mam (milk), hi, bye, uh oh, bath, book, shoe, dog, car, done, night night, go, Noah (NayNay), that, more. There could possibly be other words, but I can't decode them all and sometimes it just sounds like gibberish.
He loves to wave, blow or give kisses, hug, dance, shake his head yes and no, bring shoes to go outside, water the plants with the hose or watering can, read books in Mommy's lap (or have mommy read the same book 16 times in a row) and climb into the bathtub because he feels like it should be bath time.
This boy of course keeps us really busy, but really we wouldn't have it any other way! He is such a treat to be around and his energy level inspires me to keep him busy!
I just love love love love watching Noah grow and change. He is becoming such a little boy instead of a baby. Every day is vastly different than the last and I cannot wait to see what comes next!
0 comments:
Post a Comment