Sunday, March 31, 2013

weekly wonder: eight (late)


I apologize for not being more punctual with my blog postings... Noah, Jonathan and I have been recovering from our two weeks of crazy times and Noah is just a little bit sick which having a sick baby is pretty much the most exhausting thing EVVVVER and he's not even that sick.

Anyways, this week we got a late start since we were traveling back from Texas pretty much ALL day Thursday and Friday we spent visiting a friend of ours who just had a baby, so that basically on left Saturday for a cool activity.  I had been looking around for something holiday festive (Easter) and decided that we would go to the Venice Beach Easter egg hunt.

The site for the hunt was about a mile from our house, so we (Jonathan, Noah, my friend Rachel and I) decided that it would be fun to walk over there instead of trying to find parking near the beach which is always such a pain.  Well... we were 5 minutes late and by that time, the hunt for ages 0-3 was already over. hahaha.  Yes...over... already! Upon further examination, I noticed that most of the kids participating in the hunt where nowhere near the ages of 0-3.  But seriously it was that fast! So I politely asked one of the employees of the city if there was a possibility of getting an egg or two that I could throw out in the grass for Noah for Noah to pick up and put in his basket just because it's his first Easter egg hunt and he can't not get one single egg.  Well the guy was really nice and brought a couple handfulls of empty eggs for the bunch of one year olds who had absolutely no idea what was going on and got blindsided by all the big kids in the hunt.  So it ended up working out really nicely that we were late and we really didn't miss much.

After "the hunt", we went and had our photo taken with the Easter Bunny.  And let me tell you, Noah was really not much of a fan of this bunny.  It was the standard, adult wearing a giant white creepy bunny costume from the 80s so I can't really say that I blame him much there.

Despite the entire adventure only taking all of 10-15 minutes, it was a very cute and special memory that I am really glad to of had the chance to have.

1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD