Friday, February 08, 2013

weekly wonder: one


Like the new name? I'm not sure about it... it's a work in progress I suppose.


This week Noah and I decided to go visit The Grove and listen to some blue grass music played by The  Hollow Trees.

Noah really enjoyed listening to the music... he wildly tapped his his hands to the beat of the guitar, banjo, chello, mandolin and all of the other string instruments the band played.

There were a LOT of children.  LOTS.  When we got there it wasn't too bad... but then the late comers started to arrive and it started to feel a little claustrophobic.  I was letting Noah roam around a little bit, dance and play, but after a while there were so many other moms and babies that I didn't feel comfortable doing that anymore. So up in the sling he went and we danced together for a bit.  That lasted for a few more minutes before he was pretty squirmy because if he's in the carrier we better be going, moving, walking etc... swaying and dancing is only for sleeping and this boy was not even close to sleepy. So we got about an hour of nice music listening.  I think if there had been a lawn for him to play around on he would have lasted the entire time, but even still it was really nice to get us out of our comfort zone and expose Noah to some new sounds.

Ideally, I would love to expose him to more musical events like this.  REAL instruments and REAL music.  Not just an old lady leading a group of babies banging shakers and singing the alphabet song.





1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD