Wednesday, September 05, 2012

weekly noah: thirty-one



Thirty-one weeks and some quick notes about this past week...

two teeth and two more on the way
crawling
pulling up on ALL the furniture when mommy and daddy are turned away
falling from said furniture repeatedly
trying more solids (butternut squash, avocado, rice puffs, green beans, and brisket)
saying dada (but not quite knowing what it means)
spitting and making motorboat sounds
enduring first REAL diaper rash ;-(

We went into the doctor on Tuesday, where Noah was supposed to get his 3rd Polio shot (there are four total for those of you who are unaware) and his doctor advised that we hold off until his rash is at bay.  She just felt terrible for him.  She said she felt it probably had something to do with all the hot weather we had endured in Texas.  She gave Noah a prescription diaper cream.  Needless to say, we are taking a break from cloth until Noah's skin is all healed up.  I am feeling pretty guilty for two reasons.  (1)  I can't believe he has a rash that bad even after all the precaution I take in making sure his skin is well looked after and (2) I feel guilty about all the waste I am creating.  After cloth diapering for 6 months, you forget how much crap babies make and how many trashy diapers you have to throw away all the time.  It's kind of sad.  Anyways, that's not the point.  I want him to heal and it wasn't happening in cloth because the moisture probably wasn't wicking away from his skin fast enough once the rash had already set in.  I still stand by my statement of liking cloth best, but I don't want to keep making the rash worse... so we're on a break. hah

And in other news, I had to lower the crib (again).  Noah woke me up the other night and I found him standing/hovering over the rail which nearly gave me a heart attack because I couldn't believe he was pulling himself up in his crib.  I snapped a photo of course, but then we promptly lowered.

Anyways, here are some photos from this week.


1 comment:

  1. so has Noah discovered Gus' food dishes yet? I don't think that's part of his diet yet!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD