Tuesday, February 14, 2012

40 weeks and unpregnant

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 40 weeks... not pregnant, but yesterday was supposed to be my due date by my doctors calculations


Size of Baby: 6lbs 14.5 oz!  He has reached his birth weight and is continuing to grow nice and big!

Total Weight Gain: I am 8lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight... which is AMAZING considering how big I was and how large I feel, but I am fairly confident that I will get back to where I was weight wise in no time and hopefully my body will follow suit.

Maternity Clothes: sad to say, but sometimes... yes.  I can fit into many of my non maternity clothes, but because of where my c-section incision is, they rub me in a way that is too painful to actually wear.  So I am still wearing maternity pants because they have that nice soft elastic band to hold them up instead of a zipper or button.

Gender: boy... duh.

Movement: my goodness... Noah is SO active for a newborn.  Of course he sleeps for 20 hours a day, but when he's not sleeping, he's kicking and bucking and punching.  So much fun to watch him grunt through his movements.

Sleep: depends on the night.  Sometimes Noah cluster feeds and needs to eat every hour and a half or so, which means I will only get a good three hours of sleep, but then sometimes he feeds just fine and I can get four and a half or five.

What I Miss: mobility.  I thought I was having trouble getting around while being that pregnant... SO much worse recovering from a c-section.  I should have remembered that from my pregnancy with Mason, but I guess I wasn't getting out of bed all that much back then.  Jonathan has been a wonderful help to me, but it's still really hard to depend on someone else when you are used to taking care of everything yourself.

Cravings: none because now I can eat what I want... yep yep!

Best Moment this Week: Taking Noah and Jonathan out for a Valentine's lunch.  It was wonderful!

Blood Pressure: 117/70 (no issues)

News from the Doctor: My lovely c-section incision has an infection.  I guess that's why I am not feeling quite as healed as I should be.  I am taking antibiotics and planning on seeing the doctor again in the next few days, but it still sucks that my recovery seems to be lagging.

Anyways, here is me in my shirt on Noah's birthday and then today.  I am still rather fluffy, but you can see that Noah was taking up quite a bit of space inside of me!


1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD