Friday, November 18, 2011

27 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 27 weeks


Size of Baby: 2lbs 1oz or the size of a cauliflower

Total Weight Gain: 10lbs (I got a high five from the nurse for not gaining too much since my last visit. hehehe)

Maternity Clothes: Yep yep yep

Gender: boy

Movement: he is very wiggly, but the past couple of days I have been so busy that I have not been able to notice many of his kicks and jabs.  My doctor told me that I have an anterior placenta today (something I never thought to ask about in the beginning).  Anyways, he said that sometimes movement is not quite as noticeable with an anterior placentas.  I have noticed movement from early on, but it would explain why I don't feel this little bugger move as much as Mason and others cannot feel him move as much.

Sleep: been having a really hard time sleeping because of heartburn, but if I do a TON of stuff and really tire myself out, I pass out and get some pretty good rest.

What I Miss: running or being more active

Cravings: none

Best Moment this Week:  seeing the little guy make funny faces on the big screen.  He looked really cranky and upset that we were bothering him.

Blood Pressure: ranging from 110s over 70s to 120s over 70s and my doctor was very pleased with that!

General highlights from todays appointment:
The ultrasound tech checked out my cervical length, the baby's growth, fluid levels and placental functionality.  Everything checked out great, except for the little guy is breech and did not want to pose or move for anyone.  We poked at him with the ultrasound wand for a while and finally got a side shot, but for most of the appointment he had his little backside to us.  The doctor ended up rechecking the techs imaging just to make sure that my placenta was doing well and it was.  He basically said that he wants to keep a close eye on me for a bit just to make sure nothing goes wrong in the upcoming weeks and that if I have any hint of high blood pressure or reduced fetal movement to head on to labor and delivery.



My mom came into town on Thursday and I have been so blessed by her company.  She has been helping me rush around to various stores and get some stuff together for this little guy.  This coming Monday, my mother and father-in-law will be joining us and we are lucky enough to have them with us for Thanksgiving, which will be so nice to have family with us over the holidays since we are stranded out in LA for the next few months.  We are very thankful for every new day we are blessed with and every day I remain pregnant with our little guy.  Thank you for all of your wonderful prayers and we appreciate all the support you have been giving us.


2 comments:

  1. Your reading public waits for every installment. Thanks for keeping us informed. Look forward to bring out there.

    FFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never received a high five from my nurse for not putting on too much weight...that could be because I've happily gained weight from the beginning-even when I was nauseous :D I'm going to have fun getting rid of it!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD