Friday, September 09, 2011

17 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 17 weeks

Size of Baby: size of a turnip

Total Weight Gain: still down 2, but I am eating regularly now, so I can't see it staying that way for very much longer.

Maternity Clothes: regular clothing still, but I am starting to look a little bumpy in my yoga pants.

Gender:
 Holding out for the 15th of September, but I asked Dr. G at my appointment today if he could see the gender and he smiled and said "I'm not looking... wouldn't your husband want to be there for that?"  I have been trying to get him to tell me so that I know before Jonathan, but I guess he doesn't want to be the cause of any marital discourse.  

Movement: Lots of little squirms and pops

Sleep:  Sleeping pretty great because we have air conditioning at our new place.  All my Southern readers are raising an eyebrow, because that comes standard on everything where we are from (pools, cars, houses, sheds), but it is common to not have air conditioning in Southern California especially when you live near the beach.

What I Miss:  Being able to get things done faster.  I need lots of resting breaks and tons of help.  It's very bothersome and a lot of times, things just don't get finished in the amount of time I would like for them to.  

Cravings: nothing really this week.  I am so busy that I have to remind myself it's time to eat before my blood sugar gets to low and I get shaky or a develop a headache.

Best Moment this Week: seeing the little squirt thumping around on the ultrasound machine at my doctors appointment.




I have been super busy this week with unpacking all of our boxes.  I promise that as soon as our apartment doesn't look like it was robbed or ransacked I will post an entry on the new place.  We have actually been enjoying it quite a bit.  Cooking, using both bathrooms at the same time, walking everywhere in the neighborhood, doing laundry in our own unit and best of all enjoying our air conditioning in the hot summer heat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD